Joining Family in the UK
UKIVC understand the importance of deciding to join a family member or partner in UK. We ensure that all of our clients are treated professionally and with respect throughout the whole process.
You need a ‘family of a settled person’ visa if you want to stay (‘remain’) with a family member or partner (eg spouse) who’s living in the UK permanently and you’re:
- already in the UK
- from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
You can apply if you’re eligible and you need to:
- extend your existing ‘family of a settled person’ visa
- switch to a ‘family of a settled person’ visa
Your family member or partner can:
- be a British citizen
- have settled in the UK
- be your partner who has asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK
You may also be able to apply to remain with your child if they’ve lived in the UK for at least 7 years.
You may need to apply in a different way if:
- you’re outside the UK
- your partner’s from the EEA or Switzerland
- your partner originally had a temporary visa as a worker
- you’re the victim of domestic violence or your partner has died
- you applied for a ‘family of a settled person’ visa before 9 July 2012
- you want to reunite with a partner or parent who has asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK
The rules pertaining to joining family in the UK can be complicated and in some instances the cases include matters which are of a very delicate nature needing extra special attention. All of our clients will be treated professionally and with respect regardless of their background and circumstance.
For more information about visas click here.